Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Rafe inspired chocolate purse for Vogue


Can I tell you about...February Vogue? A few months ago we participated in a chocolate fashion show and we collaborated with uber talented chef Mehdi Chellaoui. He turned one of our hit bags of the season into chocolate complete with tassels and hardware covered in edible gold leaf. Well, it must have caught someone's eye at Vogue because all of a sudden he was requested to make 2 more for a photo shoot. Little did I know that one of my favorite fashion photographers, Raymond Meier, would be taking the photo. It's an amazing shot and I've already gotten compliments from fellow designers that I met up with at a recent CFDA meeting. For me, it's 2 dreams come true. First, I get a bag photographed by Raymond and second, I get a full page in Vogue. Unfortunately, you can't really order the chocolate version from me, but you can certainly score the original version which is still available at Neiman Marcus.http://canitellyou.rafe.com/2007/01